Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

What a week...Lots of fun and planning for fun!
We hosted a great holiday/birthday brunch on Sunday!
I am getting ready for a make and take decorating gathering at school on Friday afternoon!
Not much time for blogging....but I thought you might like to see the mantel in the family room!
Let me tell you about how "thrifty" this was to put together!
This is totally "Sweetwater Style"...I used what I had....and just did it!

I am always on the look out for holiday decor that matches the bronze/brown and golden color wave in the family room.
I was soooo excited when I found these great glass ornaments at Goodwill!
There were 8 of them for 6 dollars....!

Absolutely perfect for the mantel!
Then I added this golden bird...not a partridge or a pear tree....but close enough!
The bow was one I had from the stairway decor last year!
I had these 2 framed Santa Prints in Gilded Frames....
A couple of Ivory Haeger Vases from Goodwill filled with greenery....(free from Home Depot)
An artificial swag with snow tipped branches....

The gilded fruit wreath....with some greens tucked in...you might remember this from my Thanksgiving arrangement....
This is hung from a simple gold ribbon over the top of the mirror!
Total investment.....6 dollars....Not Bad!
I love how the mantel coordinates with the banister...
Now....I am going back to planning for fun...
Stay tuned for the post about the make and take workshop...I can't wait!
14 people all making evergreen arrangements while we laugh and drink cider....should be a riot!
Way more "Sweetwater Style"  than a cookie exchange!

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Mary- It looks just beautiful. I am not buying new stuff this year either...I have WAY too much old stuff! xo Diana

Cathy said...

Your Holiday Decorating is Absolutely Beautiful Mary! I changed the look on my mantle,tree and centerpieces with new ribbon this year. It is amazing what ribbon will do for change of the holiday evergreens. Thank You for Sharing!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very natural looking and sweet! Very nice. Thanks for sharing :D


Visiting from Happy House Project's Freestyle Friday linky party,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Your mantle and decor is gorgeous! Very elegant. Thanks for linking up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...