Sunday, April 22, 2012

Planting My Window Boxes

I posted a couple weeks ago about my plans to give my planters a head start!

Our wonderful Mexico trip kept me away from the first planting weekends at The Holasek Greenhouses...
and then it was Easter Weekend....

Finally...last Sunday I actually got to go and do my planting!
What a fun outing this was!

It was gray and stormy outside....but not inside The Holasek Greenhouses!


The whole place was buzzing....and we were inside listening to the rain on the roof!
It actually smelled like summer....what a treat!

I really can't say enough nice things about how organized the folks at Holasek are!
They have these events running like clockwork!
And last Sunday was a fundraiser for Breast Cancer....$5 from each purchase was donated!




Just think....for just the cost of the plants....we had the chance to plant 8 planters....

which are now happily awaiting May 15th when they can come home to Sweetwater.



All the while the planters are staying warm, getting watered and fertilized!



 And the best part.....all the dirt stayed on the floor at Holasek!!!!

I can hardly wait until it is time to pick them up...the deck is looking a little bare with the window boxes completely empty!

Besides....those Holasek Greenhouse folks know what they are doing....when I go to get my planters I am just gonna HAVE to buy some other plants....don't cha know?
Look at this petunia....isn't it a gorgeous color?   HMMMM!

 Have a wonderful week!


Link Parties
A marvelous Mess  You Are Talking Too Much  A Pinch Of Joy  Making the World Cuter
The Kurtz Corner   The Trendy Treehouse   Passionately Artistic Delightful ORder
French Country Cottage   Happy Hour Projects  Rooted In Thyme  The Answer is Chocolate  
No Ordinary Homestead  Funky Junk Interiors 
Twigg Studios    A Vision To Remember  Sugar Bee Crafts 

And if you want to join into some fun blog hops click here:





11 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

I wish I could convince you to take a road trip out this way, you could help me with my flower boxes :). Yours look GREAT.

amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Ooops! I cant type sometimes.. if you like 'my' blog :)

Our Pinteresting Family said...

I'm a new follower from the link party at The Kurtz Corner. Your flowers look amazing and how nice they donate proceeds to cancer research! Megan

Across the Avenue said...

Just found you on a Blog Hop! Thanks for this post, I'm starting this project at home (much smaller scale of course) in a few weeks. Please follow me back at http://sassyshoppperreviews.blogspot.com/

Lynn Wood said...

This makes me so excited to get my new upstairs window box planted for the first time. Spring is very slow getting here this year. How great you have a greenhouse to take care of it until you are ready. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

WOW! I would go crazy in there!! What a smart idea they have created with taking in your planters and doing the dirty work there. I love it. Wish we had something like that here. Our window boxes are looking grim. ;)

Thanks for stopping by NOH & linking up! Looking forward to reading you again soon!

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What a fabulous idea -- lucky you! Great planters AND a personal helper! :D

Snowies said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun. I wish they had something like that where I lived.
New follower from MBC
www.greatfamilyadventures.com

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Looks like a great trip and your planters are lovely!

concretenprimroses said...

Terrific!
Kathy

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

How much fun to be able to do that. Love this post! Thanks so much for sharing on SImple & Sweet Fridays. Have a fun week in your garden.

Jody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...