Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ribbit Ribbit! A Froggy Book List!

Disclaimer...this picture is from LAST SUMMER!



I was sittin' on the deck tonight listening to the spring croaking frogs....
I realized that I haven't done a kid's book list post for a while....






Kids love Frogs and Toads!
And since I still think of myself as an "old" kid....
So do I!




Now that I am a grown up...tee hee...

My frog collection has become a bit more sophisticated than it used to be!



This chunky fellow has a bit of an attitude!!!






This little guy likes to hide in the bushes...
or in this case the ferns and lamium!



The self-satisfied grin on this fellow always makes me wonder what he has been up to when we aren't watching!







The pure joy of jumping in the pond....
a welcome thought on a hot summer day!









If you know a frog lover....I have a bunch of fun books to explore!
Read on to see the list....



 Lizard, frogs and polliwogs

April is Poetry month and one of the most amazing authors of Children's poetry is Douglas Florian.

This offering is filled with great watercolors and clever poems about boggy creatures!
 The Wide-mouthed Frog


Keith Faulkner has created a wonderful pop-up book that kids will love. The frog has a wide mouth that he just loves to use. 

He's particularly interested in the eating habits of other creatures found in the great outdoors--

 until he comes upon a big green one with lots of teeth who finds wide-mouthed frogs simply delicious.

A giggle filled tale!


The Frog Princess

This book by E.D. Baker is the first of a series....

It is a chapter book that is a great read aloud or a early read for a second grader...


This tale is a fun twist on the Frog turned Prince.... 
A princess becomes a frog and needs to find a way back to being a Princess! 


If You Hopped Like A Frog

David Schwartz has created a fun book about ratios and proportion...(is that an oxymoron?)

Kids will love learning facts like this:
"If you hopped like a frog. . . you could jump from home plate to first base in one mighty leap. If you were as strong as an ant. . ."  

 

City Dog, Country Frog

In this charming story, Mo Willems tells the tale of friends from different worlds who become friends and face the prospect of loss. A little sad, but beautiful! 












Jump, Frog, Jump!

I love this cumulative read written by Robert Kalan.  It is a great book to boost your child's memory.

The pictures are amazing!







A Boy, A Dog and A Frog

This classic wordless book by Mercer Mayer has been around for a long time.



While the book is fun....



if you have 10 minutes to spare... go get your little ones and take the time to watch this video adaptation of the book...




I think it is a hoot and a half!!!  It is a go to activity for me when I need something quick to occupy some fidgety Kindergarteners!


Now I am going to go make myself a little snack....what else...
Frogs On A Log!  (celery with peanut butter and raisins if you didn't know!)

RIBBIT.....RIBBIT!

Linky Parties:


Blog Hops:  
Drop

14 comments:

Teresa said...

I only wish I could post a pic of my zen frog....u would love him lol

NanaDiana said...

I love frog books. We have several of them but my favorite is The Wide Mouth Frog...it is the one the kids get the biggest kick out of! xo Diana

carol l mckenna said...

Oh ~ what a wonderful post ~ great photos of the frogs and delightful children's books ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Karena said...

Wonderful image and view from your deck!

Cute books for frog lovers! I came over from Kate's!

.... wanted you to know...I am featuring Anita Rivera, Friend, Designer and Paper Artist with Castles Crowns & Cottages, & her Giveaway on my site!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Danielle S said...

I love frogs, too. They are too cool!
Coming to you from Katherine's Favorite Things Blog Hop.

Danielle from Royalegacy

Unknown said...

Cute frogs! Following from Katherine's blog hop as well, feel free to follow me back at iheartpears.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Katherines Corner said...

rib bit! what a sweet post, lots of froggy books, love it. xo Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things hop I hope you have a weekend filled with happy!

Live Laugh Love said...

Hey there I am your newest follower on your blog site would love for you to follow me back :) and also check out my facebook fan page on my site as well as following me on twitter thanks so much for your support also if you can grab my badge to help get me more followers thanks have a great weekend :)

Tara

Shannon said...

Hi! newest email subscriber from Feed Me Friday hop. Mommy of One and Counting http://www.housesbyshannon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Following you on Twitter- love all the inspiring greenery on here. I want it to warm up so I can plant my garden already! :)

Following you from Mommy on the Move. Great blog!

Jessica- www.athometake2.blogspot.com/

Cacheymama said...

I love this list! I also collect frogs. So glad you linked up this week to Thinky Linky Thursday!!!
Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

Unknown said...

ribbit!

Aloha,
Following ya from the Monday Mingle. I'd love it if you'd hop on over to localsugarhawaii.com and come "join the ride" it'll be sweet-- I promise.

xoxo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Storytime Fun said...

Hi! I love your list. You have some great books on there. I found you by Teach Me Tuesday Link-up.

It is funny that you should mention Frogs on a Log because I just made my own version of Frogs on a Log for my storytime friends last week. You can check out my post at http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com

While you are there, I hope you will check out my Frog ABC'S Blog Hop. I would like to invite you to link up with us. My blog hop is all about Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks (ABC'S) of Frogs. Your post would fit right in, don't you think?

I hope you stop by and link-up! Have a lovely evening!
K

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Congratulations!! You are featured this week on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! I hope you will stop by and grab a Featured Button from the Button Box on the sidebar. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve been working on! Links are open - hope you will link again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...