Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Can Your Kindle Do This?


 I have a confession to make....
I totally stole the title for this post from The Decorologist!  (thanks Kristie!)


 It was just too perfect!

Her post has some great ideas for using books to decorate with! Go take a look!

Maybe only thing better than a great cup of good coffee might be a great coffee table book.



I love these big oversized tomes filled with amazing photos.






Most of ours come from.....where else....GOODWILL!


Well...one of my favorites....a book called SUMMER....got a big stain on it!
Oops...the water in a flower arrangement leaked....
I needed to find a way to save this favorite!!!!


I tried staining the whole book with strong tea....but as you can see that didn't work out so well!!!

So I put my librarian training to good use and made a burlap book cover!
I just folded up the edges, taped it on....
It looked pretty good....but kind of boring!

 
 Soooo!

Long ago I had printed this image from the book on canvas for a piece of wall art...

 I used mounting tissue to attach it to the burlap.....

Wrapped some raffia around and tied it in a bow....

Looks pretty good if I say so myself....
and now this wonderful book can come out of hiding!



That stack of books includes some other great finds...




Since I no longer have the watermelon for a frame....

I looked through the books and found a couple that just might get the "print on fabric" treatment for some new framed art!


What do you think?

In the meantime....I have a cup of coffee and some coffee table books to browse through!
Then off to get my hair cut and colored and an outing with a favorite grand-niece....maybe to the "Wild Rumpus Book Store"!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Marijean L. said...

Hi! I found you from the blog hop! Please follow back when you have a chance! Have a great week! http://mjsproductreviews.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Mary- That is a really cute FIX for a stained book. Love it. Hope you were able to do some more book romping with your niece.! Blessings- xo Diana

Unknown said...

Nice blog! new follower - please hop on over and do the same!!

Corrinne said...

What a great idea! I know that book covers have been around for ages, but I never thought about covering my books, so they would fit the decor. Yeah, that's fantastic & now I have another project :)

I found you on Blog Hop Everyday & I'm a new follower as you are splendid :)

Happiness,
Corrinne

PS - Win prizes on my blog (ends tomorrow so don't delay):
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea to hide stains on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love the burlap!

Jody

creativejewishmom/sara said...

Great job, looks fab! Enjoy summer and thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

amy and jesse hudson said...

Thank you for teaching me to make something new! I love learning new things! Glad you found my Thursday party!

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...