Saturday, September 15, 2012

Making Florist Bouquets Last!

It was our Anniversary on September 5th!
Who knew all those years ago what a busy time the first few days of September would be!

So busy in fact that there have been years when I forgot and Mr. S  was the one who reminded me!

This year....Mr. S. surprised me with flowers delivered to school!! 
He was going off on a fishing trip....I was busy with the first days of school...
The flowers were a special way to celebrate our Anniversary!


This photo doesn't do the arrangement justice!  
It was stunning and brightened my office for the whole week!  
I loved the way the florist packed all the unique flowers into the glass vase and used a hosta leaf inside to disguise the stems.  

Hmmmm....I am going to have to try that!

I brought it home for the weekend and by Sunday night it was looking a little droopy!

So....This is what I did.....


I simple took the flowers out of the original vase.....put some floral foam in another vase and rearranged them....I added 1 Gerbera Daisy from the garden....

AND....

Mr. S. said he actually liked this one better......what a guy!!!!

THAT arrangement lasted a whole week......now it is Saturday Morning....

AND....the arrangement looked like this.....

But not for long....

One last consolidation.....


So now these flowers are 10 days old....
I can probably get at least another 4 or 5 days out of them!!!

Thanks for the flowers Mr. S!

You all have a great day....we are off to a fun Pop-Up shop where the Sweetwater Son-In-Law is showing off the great looking shoes he designs and sells....
Greenwich Vintage
I will write more about that soon....but if you live in the Minneapolis Area....the event is called Northern Grade!  
 Great Fun...Great Shopping....Great People Watching!
Maybe we will see you there!

1 comment:

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

That is great that you got the flowers to last so long! I love the new arrangement (and how great is it that the mister does too)! Gorgeous flowers :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...