Sunday, December 15, 2013

Almost NO SEW Quick Holiday Pillows!

Festive Holiday Pillows are a quick and easy way to add a bit of glam to your decor.
These pillows also make great last minute gifts!

I spent a few minutes looking at some great ideas that other folks have made.....here are some of my favorites!

Design Dining Diapers created these lovely burlap pillows using acrylic paints...simple but fun!
Source

This stunner was created by Craft Box DYI To Go
The Deer Outline is on the post....ready for you to print on heat transfer and iron on!

Source

Everyone has solid color pillows....
how about dressing them up with some ribbon and a shiny ornament like the ones over at

Source

Here is a tutorial for this Pottery Barn Knockoff.....over at Sewing in No Man's Land!

SOurce
Talk about inspiring....I am getting out the ribbon to tie on my red pillows in the living room...

Here are a couple of pillows that I have created in just a few minutes....with almost NO Sewing!


What would we do without BURLAP?






The poinsettia flower is made with fabric from a Goodwill Boiled wool jacket, but you could certainly use felt!



I had some of the scraps from the jacket in my fabric stash....






I used them to make the birch branches to applique onto a pillow made from a Goodwill sweater!

The branches are just hand stitched onto the pillow....I used a permanent marker to add the birch shading and a tiny bit of red wool for the cardinal....
It is a bit rough....but I am just calling it "rustic"!  
Remember.... the philosophy here at Sweetwater is:
 "DON"T WAIT FOR PERFECT"
and
"USE WHAT YOU HAVE"

I hope this has inspired you to find a couple of minutes to make your own pillows...
I would love to see your creations!

Have A Great Day....and don't stress because there are only 10 days 'til Christmas....
Somehow....it will all get done!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

:) I love your post and your pillows! I am inspired, and I'm eyeing all of my pillows now! LOL! Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas! Julia

Anna said...

Beautiful !
Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...