Thursday, June 16, 2016

Bar Table from a Wine Barrel


Today's post is brought to you by some dear "old" friends of ours.

You know those friends that you have and don't see often enough?

But. when you do see them....it is like you were still hanging out in the old neighborhood?

Well these are THOSE friends!
AND
Thank Goodness for Facebook to help us stay connected.








When our friends posted about a fabulous DIY project, I just knew I had to share it with you.
 Is that cool or what?
Even better....I asked for specifics and directions and my friend basically wrote the post for me!

Tutorial for Wine Cork Topped Bar Table

Acquire a wine barrel. 

Drink copious amounts of wine, reserving the corks. 

Purchase a glass top (we went to Pier 1). 

I organized the corks by length, although it's not necessary. 

Then by trial and error, place the corks on the barrel top creating your own design. 
Finally, place 8+ vinyl or silicon cabinet door stoppers on the barrel top. 

Put on the glass top. Super easy!





I feel a little embarrassed to show you the Sweetwater Wine Cork Projects.
They are pretty simplistic in comparison...
BUT...
The "drink copious amounts of wine" part holds true!

These trays or trivets are made by hot gluing corks into thrift store wood trays.
They come in very handy and save the surface of your table.


Corks were the perfect border to hide the raw edge of the wool shirt!

So I challenge you to "drink copious amounts of wine" 
...
or make friends with a bartender and ask her to save you some...
And GET CREATIVE!

And to my old friends...thanks for sharing!
Wish the house that this bar is in wasn't so far away!
and remember....
 

Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...