Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Finding Enchantment First Installment

The first month of 2017 has passed.

Regardless of your political views, there is plenty of disenchantment surrounding us.

I challenged myself to find enchantment in a disenchanted world this year.

I discovered that it wasn't so hard to do this.
I discovered it is just taking the time to look for those enchanting moments and things and RECOGNIZE them.

Here are a few things that enchanted me in February! 



Spending days with our Sweetwater Grandboy has to top the list! 
This Grandma is constantly enchanted by watching him grow and change.
When I figured out that when he walks in the door and says "BOK", what he really means is "I'm BACK".  Truly enchanting!




Disclaimer...I didn't get to keep the real copyso this is a facsimile!
Speaking of Grands.....there will be another Sweetwater Grandbaby arriving in June!

How enchanting to see the first 'photo shoot" of this precious one!





For years....we have struggled with the faucet on our kitchen sink.  It looked great.....but was such a pain.  The metal hose that pulled out always got stuck under the plumbing under the sink which meant that you had to pull really hard to use it....arghhhh!

We were watching one of those home renovation shows on TV and  spied the perfect solution for a new faucet!





Mr. S went on a mission to find a similar one.

A couple trips to the home improvement store....
An hour of plumbing....

And we have a fully functioning wonderful new faucet.



We put up with something that we used a hundred times a day.  Now that frustration has turned to enchantment.





I
 just ended a part-time long term substitute job in my old school.  It was an assignment to work with children identified as Gifted and Talented.  I found enchantment within the walls of the classroom.  I found enchantment using my teaching skills to engage these beautiful minds.

Source

I am glad to be back to being "retired" once again.....

But how fun to hear a 3rd grader tell me he was going to "be ironic" when he did his poster.....

OR

delighting in helping 5th graders explore excel as they learned how to create automated examples of exponential growth.

BTW....teaching math to these exceptional kids really had me doing my own "homework"!  Don't tell.....but sometimes I had to ask Mr. S to explain something to me!!

 I am quite enchanted by the mantel decor I came up with for this awkward decorating time of the year.  The white Haeger pottery and candlesticks are a nice bright spot.
I am also continually enchanted by the new wall color in this room .  I call it "Weimeraner Greige".


So there you have it.....some of the enchanting things in my corner of the world.  Hope you are finding your own enchantments as a counterbalance in your life.

Have A Great Day!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...