Monday, March 20, 2017

Your Flower Fix for Today: Ranunculus

In the language of flowers, a bouquet of ranunculus says, "I am dazzled by your charms."
I would turn that around and say that a bouquet of ranunculus dazzle ME with THEIR charms.



Using just one of these pretty blooms was all this small arrangement needed. 
And....
















I was happy to find this bunch of artificial ranunculus at the thrift store.  I think they add a nice touch to the "Kate Spade Inspired" guest room.

I decided that since I am so enamored with these blooms that I should find out a little more about them.


HMMMM....maybe they are a flower that I could grow at Sweetwater.

This is what I learned:

If you live in Zone 7, you can grow them as perennials.  Alas...here in Zone 4 they are annuals.
I even found the bulbs on Amazon...and placed an order.
I have been doing a little research about how to grow ranunculus in the garden.....and after reading this article, I think I have found a fun new kind of flower to grow at Sweetwater.
I am starting to think that Ranunculus are a great alternative to roses.  They just have a fresher look.

am really loving how these flowers look as an alternative to roses.




Here they are used as the main flower in boutonnieres.











I looked for some examples of ranunculus used in wedding bouquets.
Oh my....gorgeous....
It makes me think that maybe roses are sort of "passe".....hmmmm!

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/71806/IMG_8053_copy.jpg


And now I will leave you with some lovely artwork featuring the lovely Ranuncula....ENJOY!


http://irinasztukowski.blogspot.com/2012/04/ranunculus-study.html








Have A Wonderful Day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...